Friday, June 27, 2008

NEW MOON...NEW BEGINNING

New moon soon... and a new beginning. So making a commitment to writing up my blog at least three times a week. Promise, commitment and a sense of right timing.

I've had my one-year sabbatical and am now deep in the throes of writing my book, alone at home on the Isle of Wight. My sweetheart and new husband Nick is away on a 6-month project in Saudi Arabia (he is a project manager in the oil and gas industry).

Summer Solstice, last weekend, I painted my second watercolour ever - the Druid-like landmark on the IOW Motterson Rock. Whether writing or painting, the creative process is challenging and delightful to me. But what helps is an encouraging mentor or teacher. I have lucked on Paul Hewson on the IOW for my painting and am excited with entering a coaching relationship with a new "writing/info product" coach in the USA, James Roche.
As the first weeks of the first draft of my book unfold, I am IN PROCESS with myself - or should I say all my Selves - The Creative, The Critic, The Perfectionist/Procrastinator and even the part of me I recognise as the Da Vinci multi-creative. All I can do is show up at the page and give it my focus.
My highest intention is to write authentically, from the heart, allowing the flow of Grace for freedom and joy to bless those who read the book. Aligned with my Source and Higher Purpose, may my passion and wisdom (and the amazing stories of my clients) shimmer through the words like healing gold-dust. For as the inspiring Victor Frankl wrote:
"Success, like happiness, cannot be pursued. It must ensue. And it only does so as the unintended side effect of one's personal dedication to a cause greater than oneself."

No comments: