Saturday, June 28, 2008

VEGES GALORE


Abundant blessings. Abundant vegetables. Giving thanks for the bounty I just gathered this morning from our garden here at Sweet Echoes on the Isle of Wight. All thanks to my dearest husband Nick who spent three weeks while I was away in May moving huge stones and preparing the soil and then planting from SEED... carrots, spinach, lettuce and beetroot. I enjoyed the baby leaves of the beetroot, spinach and lettuce in salads and now the spinach is flourishing I will steam it for my meals. On the white plate are the baby coriander and parsley I put in my salads.
Do you want to know a secret? Why I haven't actually photographed the garden patch?
Well let me confess... a battalion of weeds have also flourished while I was writing. Look we writers have to prioritise our focus or we never get to put down OUR seed words and grow a book, okay? I've told Nick who is in hot Saudi Arabia I'm sorry... please forgive me... thank you... I love you. And he is okay with that.
But let's focus on the positive - a picture tells a thousand words. Mmmm and those carrots are sweet!
Best-selling writer Bryce Courtney from Australia once told us in a writing workshop.
"You want to be writer? Well you need three things:
1. A deadline
2. Bum glue (put your bum on the chair in front of the computer and STAY)
3. Say every day; 'I AM A WRITER"
You get the point!

No comments: